Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2012 Summer Olympics WTF?

During the last month or so, Iran has threatened to boycott the 2012 Olympics in London because the symbols look like they spell Zion.  You be the judge:

Photo from www.london2012.com
OK, maybe the numbers 2012 kind of look like Zion, but I am sure it was unintentional.

Who cares?!?!?!  Seriously, the 2012 Olympics have much deeper problems and it seems as though I am the only one who cares!  Check these THINGS out:

Photo from www.london2012.com


Seriously!!!! Check out these two...things!!!  No, this is not something from Yo Gabba Gabba -- These two things are Wenlock and Mandeville, the "official" mascots of the 2012 London Games.
The one-eyed figures named Wenlock and Mandeville were unveiled at an east London school on Wednesday, with London 2012 organisers hoping they will inspire a generation of children while persuading their parents to contribute a share of £15 million the mascots are intended to raise in merchandising revenue.
I wish the Brits good luck in marketing those two. It seems that every Olympic mascot that comes out during the last 16 years or so has been a terrible thing.  I think to myself "They cannot possibly come up with a worse mascot for the next Olympics" and what happens...They prove me wrong.  I can't wait to see the mascot for the next Winter Olympics.  It will probably be a glob of snot or something.  


Seriously, this looks like a cross between the Teletubbies and those weird things from Yo Gabba Gabba.  Enough Already!!!  Can we get back to having cuddly animals for mascots???  How many kids want a stuffed Wenlock and Mandeville to cuddle up to at night?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates