Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is More Boring - Baseball or Football?

A friend of mine keeps telling me how boring baseball is.  Granted, it isn't the most exciting sport to watch, but it isn't all bad.  I suddenly remembered a post I wrote about football and baseball on my personal blog last fall.  I had read a Wall Street Journal article about how Baseball is not the slowest game of the major sports.  To save you time clicking and loading, I am re-printing the post here for The Sports Guyz.  Some eye-opening stuff! 

I guess Football is even more boring than Baseball???  There’s a total of 14 minutes of action in a baseball game, 11 Minutes in football. From the WSJ

I knew Baseball hardly had any action at all, but Football?  I was totally shocked and surprised by the football numbers.  Then I got to thinking...   An average play lasts maybe 5 or 6 seconds and there are about 130 plays a game - it makes sense.  I

So we sit around for 3+ hours watching only 11 minutes of action -- Better have some good cheerleaders!  And think of all the money that the NFL is spending on Football, and the owners, etc. - just for 11 minutes.  That means an NFL football team only plays 3 1/2 t0 4 hours of actual football a year! 

Kind of makes you re-think your stance on Basketball, Hockey and Soccer, doesn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates