I just did a search for “WHY AMERICA IS FAT” on Google and came back with 139 million results dedicated to the subject of the Fattening of America. I started clicking on the articles and found many of them to be written by experts who probably know what they are talking about. The thing is, every single one of the articles said pretty much the same thing. We are becoming a country of lazy-ass Couch Potatoes who eat way too much.
Sorry, but I did not get through all 139 million results ( I read about 111 of them). It seemed that the big theme was that people do not like to eat fruits and vegetables and we hate exercise. Of the 11 articles I read, 8 mentioned this specifically.
So how do we, as Americans, remedy this situation?
Easy you say...Eat more fruits and vegetable. Easier said than done my friend. According to a recent study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only 26% of the adult population eats its vegetables — despite a ten-year effort by the federal government to get Americans to eat more of them. The study went on to say that only 23% of meals in the United States actually include a vegetable.
OK, so it may be a little difficult to get everyone eating veggies. I am sure you are thinking "Exercise is the answer El Jefe". This too is tough to get across. Remember, we are a nation of lazy couch potatoes. I don't think we are going to get the lazy ones to the gym. Hell, I don't even think we can get them to go to a mall or a park and walk a few days a week. I think we need drastic measures. Let's scare them into exercise. Just hear me out, this is a can't miss scheme. Why don't we let meat-eating wild animals roam the Urban concrete jungles of America? Tigers, Hyenias, Lions, etc. bring them to the cities and let them have at it. They would love to feast on the juicy, fatty flesh of Americans. With these animals out there, people would have to get in shape because they would have to outrun them. To get to the car from work, it would be a 100 yd. dash and if you can't make it...well, at least you are giving back to the animals in the food chain. Think about it -- Wouldn't this be enough motivation to get into shape? Your life literally would depend on it! Did you ever see a fat caveman? NO! Why? Because they had to run their asses off or get killed.
And this is good for the animals too. They would have a ton of fun. They would practice and hone their hunting skills and at the same time have a never-ending supply of food. Forget extinction. These animals would probably thrive in our cities.
So this is a win-win situation. A win for us Americans since it would mean a healthier America and probably much lower health care costs (Darwin's survival of the fittest - If you are out of shape, you would be dead soon anyway.) The animals would be happy and never go hungry again.
What a great idea! I am dialing Jack Hanna right now and ordering 7 tigers and 4 lions for New York City. Be Ready NEW YORK!!!
And this is good for the animals too. They would have a ton of fun. They would practice and hone their hunting skills and at the same time have a never-ending supply of food. Forget extinction. These animals would probably thrive in our cities.
So this is a win-win situation. A win for us Americans since it would mean a healthier America and probably much lower health care costs (Darwin's survival of the fittest - If you are out of shape, you would be dead soon anyway.) The animals would be happy and never go hungry again.
What a great idea! I am dialing Jack Hanna right now and ordering 7 tigers and 4 lions for New York City. Be Ready NEW YORK!!!
5:53 PM
Jimmy Kicks Corner
Posted in: 






.jpg)




1 comments:
you need to watch zombieland! lol
Any who, I do agree with many of the points you bring up, but what I truly feel we have failed to do as a human race is adapt! Throughout the evolution of man our ability to evolve and adapt to our surroundings is what has made us unique and ultimately the kings of the jungle. What's scary is that today obesity is something that a big percentage of the country struggles with and only those who can adapt or evolve will survive. We are seeing it now.
Post a Comment