Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lakers Lose, But Heat Need To Cool Off

 
Tonight, the Heat complete the season sweep of the Los Angeles Lakers by beating them in Miami (94-88). For a team coming off of 5 straight losses, the Heat surely showed it afterward; moreover, you would think they won the NBA Championship. Then again, I shouldn't be so surprised - this is the same Heat team who held what looked like a Championship Celebration upon their acquisitions of Lebron James and Chris Bosh prior to the season beginning. It's pretty obvious that along with a young coach, the Miami Heat are also very immature and despite sweeping the defending Champs, the Heat have a long way to go still. 
I had the opportunity to read many posts on Twitter by Heat fans and it is amazing what one victory will do, let alone a victory against the Lakers. I get the fact that they are rejoicing that their team not only won, but that it came against a team like the Lakers - trust me, I do get this fact. However, Lebron's team also swept the Lakers last season also, as did the Boston Celtics. 
Umm...how did that affect the Lakers last season?
 
All I'm saying is, it's okay to enjoy a win - but if you're going to do so, don't post everywhere boasting about your victories over the Lakers. Last I chceked, owning the Lakers in the regular season does not get Lebron, Dwayne, or Bosh a ring; conversely, it did not get Pierce, Garnett or Rondo one last year either. A little perspective is all I'm asking for - that's all.

After all, Heat fans need not worry about the Lakers, they've got bigger fish to fry out there in the "Beast" - I mean East. I still don't see the Miami Heat getting to the Finals.

You can take that to the bank!

(Image found at extratv)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates