Wednesday, February 9, 2011

As Major League Baseball Commissioner, I Would...

This is the time in Sports that officially sucks!  As a sports fan, this is not much to look forward to until March Madness (Unless you count the SI Swimsuit edition, but that isn't really a sporting event).  I know many of us are starting to think about baseball season.  Spring Training will be starting in about a month and the season starts in just over 2 months. 

I like baseball, but I don't watch it on TV that much.  I would rather go to a game, have a few beers and soak in the atmosphere.  Honestly, Baseball is kind of boring.  There is only like 30-40 minutes of actual action in a 3 hour game.  Ridiculous! 

Because of the slow pace of baseball, I have thought about making a run for Commissioner (That is if I can persuade the current knucklehead commissioner to step down.)  If I do become commissioner, here are some changes I would propose to make baseball a little bit more entertaining.

1. Allow spitballs, scuffed balls, and any other kind of messed up balls.- It would just make things so much more interesting. In this age of juiced balls, it would be nice to help the pitchers out a little.

2. No more DH - This is why a lot of good pitchers migrate to the National League.

3. Make it legal for pitchers to bean batters - Does this one really need explaining? Add some excitement to the game.  Make some new rivalries. 

4. Make it legal to charge the mound...with the bat - If the pitchers can hit the batters as in #3, it's only fair...

5. Give fans a free beer, hot dog, pizza slice, etc. if they return a foul ball - Remember your little league days!!

6. Get rid of the Toronto Blue Jays - The Expos are gone, why not the Jays?  Baseball in Canada just seems weird. 
7. Allow the mascots to interfere with the players - Watching the San Diego Chicken and Manny Ramirez go at it would be worth at least a 20% jump in attendance. What about the Phillie Fanatic going after A-Rod in an interleague battle.

Let me know what you think and please check out my blog:  EL BLOG DE STEVE!!!

4 comments:

Chub Johnson said...

I would like to add a few rules:

#8 Parking in every stadium is on a first come first served basis. What because I'm poor I have to park a mile away? Ridonkulous!

#9 Beach Balls are no longer contraband.

#10 San Francisco Giant's are no longer a team. (I am a Dodger FAN!)

Husky Downs said...

"LIKE"

Steve Bossenberger said...

The parking one can be fun. If you are at Wrigley Field, you go a few hours early, park a couple miles away and go bar-hopping until you get to the ballpark. You can easily hit 6 or 7 bars before you get there. That is the nice thing with all these downtown ballparks. Tons of bars around the field

John Briese said...

eliminating the DH is the way to go. I'm a baseball purist and think that it's crap that pitchers don't hit in the AL. It takes so much strategy out of the game and isn't real baseball.

Also Chub I agree with contracting the Giants (I'm a Rangers fan).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates