Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Kinnect" With The Athlete Inside You

Many of you out there either own an Xbox 360 gaming consoles; however, not many own the new "Kinnect" accessory add-on for the Xbox 360.


What is the "Kinnect" you ask?

In a nutshell, the Kinnect is a motion sensor/camera/voice chat piece of equipment that turns YOU into the controller!


Microsoft released an abundance of games when the Kinnect was released November 4, 2010, which was unusual, yet a pleasant surprise. Early experts thought the Kinnect would be released with a handful of games - not two handfuls. In this way, Microsoft attracted more than expected and within the first month sold over 1 million units.

Cha-Ching!

I've got to admit, the first time I picked up my Kinnect, plugged it in (extremely simple set-up), and popped in "Kinnect Adventures", I knew right then Microsoft had a winner. Not only that, but I knew the Wii's sales would decline - fast as Space Mountain at Disneyland!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! (Hands up in the air)

Within the first few mini-games of handball, white water raft riding (say that three times fast), and dodging obstacles I was sweating like I was on a treadmill. I will be the first to admit, I could afford to lose a few pounds; however, weeks later on Thanksgiving some athletic individual's tried it out and they too were sweating. Microsoft knew with the Kinnect they would help get kids and people in general off the couch and on their feet. Nintendo started the trend, but Microsoft took it to the next level. With games like "Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout", "EA Sports Active 2", and "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" the Kinnect brings a personal trainer into your living room.

Does it really work?

You bet your ass it does!

Feel free to YouTube videos where people have utilized the Kinnect by integrating it into their lives in place of the gym and with proper eating, they shed some serious poundage. If you find the right video, it can be pretty inspiring I must say. I've seen reviews of all the games and the one that I will be getting is "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved". Of all the workout games, I seem to "Kinnect" best with that one. I recommend you go to www.ign.com and check out the reviews and find the workout game that works best for you.

With the Xbox Kinnect my friends, you too can find the athlete inside you!



1 comments:

Sabita said...

Gret work...well created..and good info...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates