I was reading an article today that brought up a very interesting point. Actually a point I’ve never considered. Should owners of cats be forced to keep their cats indoors? According to animal.com cats are actually to blame for many bird killing incidents as well as small rodents. In addition, I am a cat owner and have been contemplating declawing our cats due to them ruining the furniture. The article also posed the question if declawing was fair to the animal or not.
But, in my opinion then why do we spay or neuter our animals? This is against their nature as well. No domesticated animal was born without a mating characteristic in them. Yet, that is okay and accepted by everyone to do, and actually encourage. Go figure!
Additionally, I started thinking, if we are currently (California) forced to keep our dogs within our property in a secure fashion…why are cats exempt from the rule? Wild cats could be very dangerous at times and could potentially cause damage to someone’s property.
I feel that if we have pets they should be kept within our property. If you are a pet owner it is your responsibility to make sure your pet is not causing damage to anything or anyone outside of your home/property.
What do you think? I would love to hear you opinion on this.
3:54 PM
Chub Johnson
Posted in: 






.jpg)




0 comments:
Post a Comment